Thursday 18 February 2010

Tough morning, iced water and hot discussion

Being an eager worker I wanted to join professional training. My boss agreed and this way once a month I participate in a training session.

For today's training I needed a lift so the day before I asked my boss to pick me up in the morning. I arrived at agreed place just in time. Looked around - boss not here yet. Checked my mobile - he tried to call. So I called back: he was late, would be there in 3 minutes. OK. It is -20 Celsius degrees, 3 min probably means 5-10 min. OK, maybe I can take it even if I am not dressed properly. 5min gone, 10min gone... boss arrived 20 min after the call. I have almost frozen my bottom off. Maybe I should have it frozen off totally since the bottom seems to be bigger during this winter.

Anyway - we have finally reached the destination. First break - possible only in Finland: we were served iced water when it is -20 outside...

It turned out that cold water was of use, since a bit later we have had a great, lively discussion and something to cool down was needed. I actually couldn't believe my ears - Finns discussing lively and interrupting each others. Amazing... On the other hand that was exactly what the instructor has asked :)

After the training I had my figure skating lesson so I could relax my brain and this time I managed not to fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment