Thursday 23 September 2010

Some music from melancholic country

Picture: from Hurriganes' official website

One thing I wanted to share with those interested in the country of Santa Claus and reindeer is some music. A while ago I got some music recommendations from my workmate. I just copy and paste, so it is not about my music preferences. He wanted me to learn about some new and old Finnish bands. Here we go:

Hurriganes - I will stay
Lauri Tähkä - Maailma on renki
Lauri Tähkä - Pauhaava sydän
Leningrad Cowboys - Leningrad
HIM - Right here in my arms
Hanoi Rocks - Million miles away
Hanoi Rocks - People like me
The 69 Eyes - Lost boys
Apulanta - Koneeseen kadonnut
Yö - Joutsenlaulu
Yö - Rakkaus on lumivalkoinen
Uniklubi - Kaikki mitä mä annoin

Of course there is also Nightwish, Apocalyptica, probably slightly forgotten nowadays The Rasmus... Fans of heavy sounds know Children of Bodom. The name of this band is by the way associated with murders of some young people staying overnight by the lake of Bodom. A bit scary story.

Some of us know Lordi, some of us remember them from Eurovision :)

There is surely a lot more to recommend but this is not a musical blog so I'll just mention two more singers. Recently I came across Chisu (Sama nainen, Baden baden) and Jenni Vartiainen. Jenni's song "En Haluu Kuolla Tänä Yönä" is more positive and less melancholic than most of Finnish songs and with this positive accent I will end my today's post. For those who want to listen: Jenni's song :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment