Thursday 22 July 2010

Surprise

As I mentioned in the description Finland is a country full of surprises. One of them was summer this year, which was actually a proper, warm summer. Who could have guessed - warm summer? In Finland??

I know that it was hot all over Europe and people have been craving for some cooler weather, but usually the heat waves don't reach us here, in the far north. Even water in big lakes was exceptionally warm (actually it still is). For 2 weeks in my apartment there was 26-30 Celsius degrees and I have never complained, just enjoyed the weather, went to the beach, spent evenings outside, enjoying warm nights. I was lucky to have my holidays at that time :)
I didn't take any pics while being on the beach, but all beaches have been really crowded. But best proof ever that it was hot is this: a fan in the office where I work. Usually it is one of the most chilly places in the whole building and I'm freezing most of the year. It is now so warm that my workmates tried to cool down a bit by using the fan. It doesn't really do the trick, but my workmate said: flying papers at least give me an impression that the fan helps.

I am enjoying last warm moments, today most likely was the last hot day of summer. Next summer like this maybe in 20 years. Yey...

No comments:

Post a Comment