Tuesday 13 July 2010

Kuopio wine festival

Summer is a good time to be in Kuopio - many events taking place. Just few days ago Kuopio wine festival has ended - more information here.

It was taking place 2-10th of July. I was hesitating long if I should go, because the entry ticket is ridiculously expensive - 24€ just to enter! The explanation might be concerts taking place in the area of the festival, but I haven't found any band that would catch my attention. Well, maybe apart from Samantha Fox ;) whose songs have been played from the playback anyway.
The last day I decided to go just to get an idea how does it look like. The star of the evening was Paula Koivuniemi - a star for those who are in their fifties :) I just didn't pay attention, chatted with a friend and enjoyed my wine.

I think that this was my first and last time buying the ticket for the festival unless:
- organisers will provide bigger selection of wines or
- organisers will provide extremely famous and delicious wine or
- organisers will find some music which suits more my preferences

Oh, and a tip for those who will in the future happen to be around July in Kuopio when the wine festival is going on: I've noticed that after the concerts bouncers would let people inside without tickets. So maybe that is the way - just to wait until the concerts are over and go to try some wines :)

No comments:

Post a Comment