Friday 31 December 2010

Summary time

This year was good. I travelled quite a few times (Germany, Czech Republic, France, Turkey, Great Britain, Poland), seen some "long time no see" friends, met great people (special thanks to guys from Istanbul).

This year in Finland was also special weather-wise. We had long winter, hot summer and the snow came already in November, which is extremely good if you know what it means to live at this latitude. Extreme temperatures also define this year: from +34,8 to -27,2 Celsius degrees.

I also managed to pursue some of my hobbies despite knee contusion, and managed to do my work and not being fired. I got an Open Water Diver card (made in Finland, yey!) plus I did some work for my doctoral studies.

Some of my ideas didn't come true, but honestly it is more because of my laziness, than lack of time. If I was Finnish I would have probably reach my goals as Finns seem to me very hard working folks.

Overall I still have some things to look forward to, some things to improve, and dreams that wait to come true (related to travelling naturally).

For this New Year I wish you loads of happiness, reasons to smile, and friendly people around. Don't be too hard on yourself with your New Year's resolutions. Take one in small steps and you will succeed! Keeping my fingers crossed for you (and myself as well :) )!

No comments:

Post a Comment